VAT - Make An Enquiry
Online Enquiry is an additional channel for registered and non-registered taxpayers to communicate with the Tax Office using the Online Tax Administration System (OTAS). Persons must have a user account to access the Online Enquiry.
The Tax Office responds to enquiries via the OTAS messaging center ("Tracker"). In the message center, taxpayers are able to track their "conversation"/communication thread between themselves and the Tax Office online.
Enquiries can be general or related to open taxpayer cases.
Enquiries can be made by a registered or non-registered taxpayer; however, in order to access services on OTAS you must have a web user account.
- Log in to the OTAS using your username and password.
- From the Home page click either the "Contact us with an enquiry" link or the "Send Message" button.
- Alternatively, from the Tracker page, click the "New" icon.
- The online enquiry service will require you to:
- Select a subject (Registration, Filing, Other, etc.)
- Reference (a list of user’s open case reference numbers)
- Write a message (type the enquiry or message, up to 2,000 characters)
- The online enquiry service will allow you to attach a file to a message. The file types supported are *.pdf, *.doc, *.docx, *.xls, *.xlsx, *.jpg, *.gif, *.png, *.bmp, *.txt and *.rtf.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- The "Tracker" page will appear with a list of the user’s enquiries/messages. Each enquiry will be assigned an Enquiry (ENQ) case reference number.
- As a logged in user, the responses to the enquiries can be viewed.
There are no forms to be completed for this service.
There is no documentation needed to apply for this service.
The online enquiry service may take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to complete, depending on the details of the message.
Once your enquiry has been received, it will be processed by an officer, and you should receive a response within 3 working days.
There are no fees associated with this service.